It’s XC time in the month of August 2017! I am so excited for all the high school students getting out there to run their hearts out. Running a 5k (3.1 miles) in Cross Country is tough – but training is even tougher.
Here’s what high school girls should know about the 2017 Cross Country Season:
- There are about 300,000 girls participating in XC
- The record for Cross Country (in America) is 16:08 (That’s a little over 5 minutes per mile…WOW)
- The State Championships for Cross Country is typically held in November
Make Sure You’re Prepared…
- Eat healthy and eat enough
- Train for much longer than 3 miles
- Stay hydrated
- Invest in XC shoes, proper clothing, etc.
Trust me – when September hits and the practices get harder, meets increase, and your eye is on the prize (whether that’s a personal best, placement, or going to States – you’ll want to be prepared.
Good Luck (from a XC runner herself 🙂 ),